This job is in our Washington, D.C. office:
Position: Manager – Business Development
Location: Rockville, Washington, D.C. Metro area
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is an international development consultancy, with offices throughout South Asia as well as in Washington, D.C. Founded in 2010, we have been expanding rapidly and are listed as an FT 1000 High-Growth Company in Asia Pacific. Our current work spans across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- As part of our global business development team, engage in business prospecting from responding to tenders/open competitive enquiries and grants to mounting ‘over-the -counter’ pitches that help communicate our value proposition to potential clients.
- Develop compelling proposals through research and analysis on relevant issues (including though in country fact-finding travel).
- Support budgeting, recruiting, and logistics for business development initiatives.
- Building our international development practice portfolio from the USA.
- Driving our business development strategy, from opportunity identification to bid submission and be part of strategic client and partner engagements.
- Management of technical and administrative aspects of contract performance, with a primary focus on key U.S. clients such as USAID, MCC, US Federal Agencies and other development institutions/donors.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in the international development sector.
- Minimum of two (2) years of recent business development experience with international development contractor, or an NGO.
- Minimum of one (1) year of supervisory experience (including but not limited to mentoring, training, and guiding staff).
- Proven success in writing or supporting the creation of winning proposals.
- Experience in driving business development, from over the counter to bidding and proposal development, particularly with U.S. clients.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, bidding on, and winning contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to identify emerging business trends resulting in strategy recommendations to senior management.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, program assessment and program design across sectors, institutional capacity building, human resources management, monitoring and evaluation in a developing country setting and institutional development.
- Robust understanding of how new age technology and data analytics are changing the face of development.
- Awareness of the physical and psychological challenges inherent in working in developing and conflict prone countries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fluency in either Spanish or French is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships with customers and stakeholders, especially within the US context.
- Must possess valid work authorization in the US.
Please send your resume and your one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.