This job is in our Chennai/Delhi office:
Position: Business Development Associate (1-2 years)
Deadline: 21st November 2019
Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Lead generation through available sources and build more credible sources.
- Providing assistance to the business development team in tracking opportunities from different portals and other business leads.
- Coordinating with respective stakeholders and ensuring timely completion of deliverables.
- Maintaining up-to-date business development collateral including corporate profiles, CVs of staff/associates, profiles of partner firms.
- Participating in BD review meetings and preparing requisite periodical reports for management review.
- Providing assistance to the research and consulting team in creating a go-to-market strategy for all its services and product offerings.
What You Can Gain
Opportunity to learn from seasoned business development leaders and acquisition of key proposal development skills such as bid management, proposal writing project commercials estimation, stakeholder management and client management.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate/postgraduate degree in a relevant field.
- At least 1 year of business development support experience, preferably in preparing proposals for RFPs or coordinating bid activities.
- Knowledge in sectors such as Infrastructure, Energy, Sustainability, Gender, Education & Skills, Trade and Health is highly desirable.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent client management skills.
Please send your CV, one-page cover letter and following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.