This job is in Kathmandu/our Delhi office:
Position: Business Development Associate/Assistant Manager (5 years)
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is an international development consultancy, with offices throughout South Asia as well as in Washington, DC. Founded in 2010, we have been expanding rapidly and are listed as an FT 1000 High-Growth Company in Asia Pacific. Our current work spans across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- As part of our global business development team, engage in business prospecting from responding to tenders/open competitive enquiries and grants to mounting ‘over-the -counter’ pitches that help communicate our value proposition to potential clients.
- Develop compelling proposals through research and analysis on relevant issues (including though in country fact-finding travel).
- Support budgeting, recruiting, and logistics for business development initiatives.
- Building our international development practice portfolio in Nepal and Bangladesh; expanding our existing practice portfolio in India.
- Helping the organization spot and win new business that is aligned with our unique institutional growth goals.
- Driving our business development strategy, from opportunity identification to bid submission and be part of strategic client and partner engagements.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s/bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Demonstrated understanding of and interest in international development, with at least 5 years of relevant experience (preferably including experience with INGOs).
- Dependable resource and time management.
- Experience in driving business development, from over the counter to bidding and proposal development, particularly with Nepal and Delhi based clients.
- Demonstrated success in identifying, bidding on, and winning contracts.
- Experience and ability to identify emerging technologies, opportunities and business trends across South Asia and global development sector.
- Understanding of technology, evidence-driven research, and social science methods.
- Strong written and verbal communication and argumentation skills.
- Be a good listener with the ability to think on their feet.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain individual and institutional partnerships.
- Interest in analytics/development research/last mile marketing/governance and demonstrated ability to learn on the job.
This position is open to Indian and Nepali nationals only. Candidates must possess a valid passport for either country to be eligible for this role.
Please send your CV, one-page cover letter and following information to email@example.com.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.