This job is in Dehradun/our Delhi office:
Position: Consultant – Public Health (2-4 years)
Deadline: 20th December 2019
Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Athena Infonomics is seeking to recruit a full-time consultant with an in-depth knowledge and strong analytical skills related to health and related development sector for our public health portfolio in India. The consultant will be joining a rapidly expanding team and will help to conduct health research and analysis. Under the guidance of the advisor (health), s/he will provide analytical and evaluative support including desk-based research, literature reviews, conduct surveys and quantitative analysis for wide array of health projects in the health policy, health planning, health financing, health economics, cost-benefit analysis, results-based financing, costing, expenditure review and tracking, surveys and programme evaluation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing critical analysis of the health sector and extend technical inputs to related health and development projects, either in India or overseas.
- Supporting the design qualitative and quantitative approaches to evaluate the impact of health programs and policies, or to support the implementation of health programs.
- Extract, analyze, and summarize economic and health data to contribute to health research projects.
- Provide inputs to study design and contributing to the development of study protocols and tools including sampling, quantitative/qualitative research instruments.
- Conducting site visits and interviews.
- Researching complex health policy issues and conducting literature reviews using published and web-based health sources.
- Interpreting and presenting analysis results in a succinct manner for a wide audience.
- Preparing project/evaluation reports, policy briefs, and other project-related communications.
- Contributing to technical sections of business development proposals.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Post-graduate degree in community medicine (preventive and social medicine) health services research, health economics, public health, epidemiology or other relevant fields from a top-tier school.
- Demonstrable track record and 2-4 years of work experience in project management, data collection and analysis to a high quality.
- Technical expertise in at least one major aspect of data collection and analysis, such as: qualitative methods; survey design; survey sampling; and quantitative statistical analysis, and cost-effectiveness studies.
- Technical expertise and experience in one or more relevant thematic areas, such as health systems strengthening, maternal and child health, water and sanitation, nutrition, health financing, policy development and analysis, or other health-related field.
- Technical knowledge of statistics and experience in utilizing software packages (e.g. Stata, SPSS, SAS) for analysing large datasets.
- Previous experience in working with consultants is desirable.
- Ability to develop presentations and/or other multimedia formats to showcase analytical results.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, e.g. proven ability to deal with staff, collaborators and partners from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures.
- Willingness to travel and be based out of project locations (these locations are not necessarily sensitive or conflict prone).
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.