This job is in our Chennai/Delhi office:
Position: Consultant – WASH (2-5 years)
Deadline: 9th February 2020
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Project Tasks: Work closely with the Project Manager and project teams to ensure timely and effective delivery on Athena’s Water and Sanitation (WASH) projects, including but not limited to:
- Under guidance from the project manager, develop overall project work plans, translate client requirements into specific methodological approaches and tasks, oversee project progress, and continuously draw insights from project learnings to guide project strategic directions;
- Communicate with a team of consultants and analysts across multiple locations on individual team work plans, tasks, and deliverables, and troubleshoot;
- Review, quality check, and edit deliverables submitted by project teams to ensure the quality of all outputs on the project;
- Travel to meet with clients, experts, and other project stakeholders.
- Draft project deliverables based on primary and secondary research, which involves understanding project stakeholder relationships, city level WASH initiatives and data ecosystems, as well as larger sectoral context through global lens;
- Develop presentations with suitable use of graphics;
- Write reports for external communication with client and stakeholders.
- Business Development Tasks: Support with exploring new research opportunities related to WASH, including but not limited to tracking opportunities, drafting proposals, and designing qualitative and quantitative research instruments.
What You Can Gain
- Opportunity to engage intensively with and contribute to the growth of Athena’s rapidly expanding WASH portfolio.
- Opportunity to actively shape the outcomes of exciting projects funded by major international development agencies in the WASH sector.
- Knowledge of and experience working with major development agencies in WASH.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in an area related to WASH, international development, or social sciences from a top-tier graduate school.
- 2-5 years of WASH related work experience.
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities.
- Excellent report writing and PowerPoint skills. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with teams across different countries and cultures.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods. Knowledge of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) is strongly preferred.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks, deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.