This job is in our Chennai/Delhi office:
Position: Manager – Human Resources (5 years)
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement HR strategies, policies and initiatives aligned with the firm’s overall business strategy.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances and other issues.
- Manage the recruitment and onboarding process for all full-time, part-time and project linked staff including writing and placing advertisements, working with team members to screen and interview candidates, conducting reference checks, extending job offers, conducting new-employee orientations, monitoring career-path program and employee relation counseling and conducting exit interviews.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Develop and monitor overall HR policies, strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Establish and maintain records and reports. Participate in administrative staff meetings and attend other meetings, such as seminars. Maintain organizational charts and employee directory.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Implement and annually update the compensation and benefits program.
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
- Nurture a positive working environment.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in HR management.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Proven working experience as HR manager.
- People oriented and results driven.
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics.
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases.
- Global and cultural awareness.
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company.
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices.
- Degree in Human Resources or related field.
Please send your CV, one-page cover letter and following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.