This internship is in our Chennai office:
Position: Intern – Business Development (6 months)
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
The responsibilities will vary depending on the needs of the Business Development team and can include any of the following:
- Identifying new business opportunities using public and commercial databases and related resources, distributing relevant opportunities to the appropriate division staff for review and consideration, and tracking progress through RFP release for those of potential interest.
- Assist in maintaining the opportunity pipeline used to track bids being considered and pursued—from initial identification through to award.
- Conducting research on potential clients, opportunities, partners, and/or competitors to support business development as well as strategic planning for the company and/or divisions.
- Conducting proposal and project recruitment tasks including formatting, writing, and editing CVs and drafting bio sketches for personnel.
- Working with the business development manager to improve the EOI and RFP response templates.
- Coordinating with business development team and other departments as needed.
- Providing additional support to the business development team/Director as needed.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree with 1 – 2 years of experience/relevant postgraduate degree (entry level)/the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent writing/editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Interest in International Development.
What You Can Gain
This is perfect position for those who are interested in learning about international development consultancy management and provides:
- Opportunity for hands-on experience in all aspects of a development consultancy firm.
- Develop understanding of donor/development finance institutions requirements.
- Inside experience with a dynamic and fast-growing organization working on international development issues.
- Resume-building experience.
- Letter of recommendation on request.
Please apply with a CV, cover letter and a writing sample (preferred) with the following in the subject line: (Intern) (name of current institution) and (course/program) to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.