This internship is in our Washington, D.C. office:
Position: Intern – New Business Development and Project Implementation (6 months)
Location: Rockville, Washington, D.C. Metro area
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
- Identify new business opportunities using public and commercial databases and related resources, distribute relevant opportunities to the appropriate division staff for review and consideration, and assist in bid development and submission.
- Assist in maintaining a database on the BD pipeline, from initial identification through to award.
- Conduct research on potential clients, opportunities, partners, and/or competitors to support business development as well as strategic planning for the company and/or divisions.
- Develop proposals, including coordinating with proposal writers, developing budgets and risk evaluations, and formatting/writing/editing CVs and bios for personnel.
- Engage with partners and sub-contractors.
- Develop compelling pitch-packs for strategic opportunities.
- Participate in the implementation of various projects at Athena, such as conducting research, drafting reports, and developing presentations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent writing/editing skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Interest in International Development.
What You Can Gain
- Hands-on experience and skills for business capture management in international development.
- In-depth understanding of procurement processes of various donor agencies and development finance institutions.
- Experience working on projects in various development sectors, such as public policy, urban planning, monitoring and evaluation, water and sanitation, etc.
- Outcome oriented role with flexible work schedule and work-from-home option.
Hours and Remuneration
- 15-20 hours/week (preference will be given to those who can work longer hours).
- Paid internship, as per market rates.
Please send your resume, cover letter including number of hours available per week, and a writing sample with the following in the subject line: Intern – Business Development (name of current institution) and (course/program) to: email@example.com.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.