This internship is in our Chennai office:
Position: Intern – Research Associate (3-4 months)
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is an international development consultancy, with offices throughout South Asia as well as in Washington, D.C. Founded in 2010, we have been expanding rapidly and are listed as an FT 1000 High-Growth Company in Asia Pacific. Our current work spans across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Competency in working with qualitative and quantitative data.
- Extensive primary and secondary research through proprietary and third-party data sources
- Package research findings in the form of client ready end products which could be power point presentations or reports.
- Work on complex multi-stakeholder research cum consulting assignments.
- Work with a highly energetic and diverse team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Economics/Statistics or allied field from top-tier institutes
- Master’s degree in the above fields preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and Excel. Stata/R/SAS/other statistical packages preferred.
- Good communication and analytical skills.
- Excellent report writing skills. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers is highly preferred.
- Strong research aptitude. Experience in primary research/ data analysis preferred.
Hours and Remuneration
- Full time
- Number of internships available: 2
- Stipend provided
Please apply with a CV, cover letter, and a writing sample (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.