This job is in our Chennai/Delhi/Bengaluru office:
Position: IT Consulting Manager (4-7 years)
Deadline: 21st November 2019
Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree – M Tech or MBA.
- Knowledge about key IT technologies and key IT trends.
- Ability to estimate the effort required for IT projects and forecast risks, ability to innovate on on-going projects and present additional capabilities that could be expandable on projects.
- Knowledge of 1 or more programming languages such as PHP, Express js, Angular 6, Node js, Drupal 8, CodeIgniter, PhoneGap, Ionic framework or Laravel is a plus.
- Ability to handle client expectations, chalk out client requirements, interface between the technology team and clients.
- Ability to develop agile project management frameworks, conduct standup meetings regularly, keep track of sprints and deadlines of multiple projects.
- PMP certification is a plus.
- Very comfortable to cold call potential clients, meet new clients and present with ease.
- Strong communication skills and presentation making ability.
- Strong command over language – written and oral.
- Ability to write compelling proposals for tenders and OTC pitches.
- Ability to build test cases for projects and ensure overall quality of product delivery.
- Ability to package completed projects/products and upsell our capacities and get new business.
- Represent the company in key conferences and meetings, government and international agencies across the globe.
- Good project management practices on work plan, tracking project progress, bug tracking, client invoicing, storing the source codes in a secure place.
- Good understanding of database schemas, MySQL queries, views, and procedures will be an added advantage.
- An in-depth understanding to apply pattern-based object-oriented software design concepts, database administration and management, including monitoring, performance optimization and redundancy practices.
- Sound understanding of the software development lifecycle and ability to analyze and integrate stakeholder specifications and requirements throughout all stages of development.
- Experience/knowledge of big data and machine learning technologies, large scale distributed systems or cloud services like AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform is mandatory.
- Thrive on solving complex problems and creating high quality, highly scalable software solutions.
- A passion for learning and using the latest tools and technologies.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to rapidly resolve issues and recognize when escalation is necessary.
- Flexibility, agility and change management skills.
This position is open to Indian nationals only. Please send your updated CV and the following information to email@example.com
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.