This job is in our Chennai/Delhi office:
Position: Lead Consultant – Local Governance and Sustainability (10 Years)
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is an international development consultancy, with offices throughout South Asia as well as in Washington, DC. Founded in 2010, we have been expanding rapidly and are listed as an FT 1000 High-Growth Company in Asia Pacific. Our current work spans across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Ensure effective project delivery, developing strategic partnerships, building a highly motivated team of development practitioners around local governance and sustainability.
- Enhance Athena’s brand image in this sector, regionally and globally.
- Establish practice processes to ensure greater efficiency and effectiveness in practice outcomes (pertaining to project delivery, business development, and team’s career development).
- Translate client requirements into specific methodological approaches and tasks for the team members.
- Build business and manage the practice P&L.
- Coordinate with project teams across multiple locations.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 10 years of professional experience in the development and strategy consulting space. Significant exposure to urban and rural governance, water and sanitation, climate change and resilience sectors are desirable.
- Ability to manage and oversee (both on technical and execution fronts) large scale projects simultaneously as well as execute internal practice development duties (P&L, investing in the team, etc.).
- Possess and build networks with partners and clients of strategic importance in this space and manage existing networks.
- Ability to build a practice/team of diversely skilled and motivated individuals.
- Working experience with government institutions and large-scale multilateral donors and in South Asia.
- Experience in working on large-scale programmes and complex projects.
Interested applicants can send their covering letter, references and CVs to: email@example.com. Diversity in this references (e.g. across government institutions and private sector/development agencies) will be valuable.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.