This job is in our Chennai/Delhi office:
Position: Lead Consultant – Social Sector Development (8 Years)
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is an international development consultancy, with offices throughout South Asia as well as in Washington, DC. Founded in 2010, we have been expanding rapidly and are listed as an FT 1000 High-Growth Company in Asia Pacific. Our current work spans across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects involving quantitative and qualitative research (behavioural and formative research, evaluations, need assessments and capacity strengthening).
- Provide strategic inputs to the team to develop product and thought leadership ideas.
- Strategically build the practice and expanding the client base in domestic/international markets.
- Manage a team of consultants and analysts and ensure high quality outputs.
- Proactively contributes to management and organization development activities including thought leadership, training etc.
- Regular traveling and managing project teams at multiple locations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Postgraduate degree in Economics, Public Health, Public Policy (Preferred specialisations in International Development, Health or socio- economic issues such as poverty, gender, labor, child protection, education).
- At least 8 years of consulting and applied research experience preferably in system design, evaluations and impact assessments, capacity building, institutional reforms, behavior model and communications.
- Experience in managing large projects for multilateral clients and International NGOs.
- Proven experience of 3+ years in business development and client interaction.
- Strong quantitative or qualitative research skills. Knowledge of contemporary research techniques and practices.
- Structured thinking and project based decision making skills.
- Demonstrated team management and mentoring skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong experience in proposal writing and business development.
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills.
Interested applicants can send their covering letter, references and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Diversity in this references (e.g. across government institutions and private sector/development agencies) will be valuable.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.