This job is in our Chennai office:
Position: Research Associate (0-2 Years)
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Extensive primary and secondary research.
- Undertake qualitative and quantitative research that includes developing research instruments, conducting focus group discussions, semi-structured and structured interviews.
- Compilation and analysis of data.
- Writing reports, articles and making presentations with suitable use of graphics.
- Travel to meet with clients, experts and other project stakeholders.
- Organizing conferences and workshops.
- Support with business development efforts.
What You Can Gain
Opportunity to learn from seasoned technical experts and acquisition of key research and business development skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education: MA/MSc in Economics from top-tier Economics Departments; or M Tech/ME from top tier engineering college; or an MBA from a reputed business schools.
- Preferable work experience (minimum 1 year) at either: a development/management consulting firm; research institute/firm/public policy think tank; or a bilateral agency.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Competency in mathematical economics and statistics/econometrics is a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Excellent report writing and PowerPoint skills. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks, deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.