Celebrating over twelve years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team of 70+ professionals spread across Asia, Africa, DC and London exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant.
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members' professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues’ personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
The upcoming USAID India Health Learning Activity will aim to provide organizational and programmatic monitoring and knowledge management, and facilitate learning to strengthen decision for improving the health of vulnerable populations. Emphasis will be placed on evidence-based decision making, accountability, and tracking investments during and since the COVID-19 pandemic.
Seeking a full time Senior Learning Advisor to lead, guide, and facilitate key stakeholders towards effective Collaboration, Learning, and Adaptation (CLA) practices and adaptive management working closely with USAID/India for an upcoming USAID India Health Learning Activity. This position will be full-time over the duration of the project, and will be based in New Delhi. Indian national candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities will include:
• Oversee CLA and learning activities for the project.
• Develop CLA plan consistent with the USAID/ India Mission’s results framework
• Support USAID/India’s efforts in drawing contextual, programmatic, and operational learning from its monitoring, evaluation, analytical, and assessment efforts in the health sector.
• Facilitate regular reviews and updates of the Mission’s Learning Agenda
• Facilitate meetings, workshops, events, and presentations for USAID/India and its implementing partners, the Government of India, the private sector, civil society, and other stakeholders.
• Support capacity building activities for USAID, implementing partners, and other stakeholders.
• Support the Mission and its implementing partner in the identification of relevant context indicators for the USAID Health portfolio
• Support analysis of the monitoring data for learning purposes
• Collaborate with implementing partners in identifying lessons learned, processes, tools and/ or outcomes for documentation and design a system for capturing lessons learned, adaptations and best practices and sharing
• Master’s degree or another advanced degree in a relevant field such as public health, social sciences, organizational development or other related fields.
• Minimum of 5-8 years of progressive experience in designing, implementing, and managing CLA-related tasks for donor funded projects; USAID client experience is preferred
• 10 years of work experience in India in monitoring and evaluations of public health, programmes
• Experience overseeing or implementing effective communications of M&E findings and recommendations
• Demonstrated experience in disseminating and utilizing results of M&E for adaptive programming
• Demonstrated ability in convening and facilitating events or collaborations with donors, governments, and other implementing partners
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation experience to high-level audiences in English.
• This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
• The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
• *Please Note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Indian citizenship will be considered.*
Interested applicants can send their CVs, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in your cover letter your expected salary, current location/home city, and availability to start. Please mention “CLA Specialist – India Health Learning 2023” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.