This job is in our Chennai office:
Position: Accounts Executive – Finance (2 years)
Deadline: 20th December 2019
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- Handling cash and bank payments (including BRS).
- Assist in monthly/quarterly closure of books of accounts.
- Preparation of various GL review and reconciliation including inter-company reconciliation.
- Accounting of day-to-day transactions – expense/revenue/JV/fixed asset.
- Raising of invoices, debtors & creditor ageing and follow-up.
- Support MIS reporting (cashflow, project and entity profitability etc.) and other ad hoc reports required from time to time.
- Assist in administering the Travel Policy – including:
- reconciliation of bills submitted by travel agency with the underlying supporting documentation
- Verify travel bills submitted by employees & ensure compliance with the Travel Policy.
- Assist in regulatory compliance of Income Tax Act, Companies Act, GST Act etc., including:
- Filing GST Returns with respective departments.
- TDS Remittance (monthly) & filing quarterly TDS returns.
- GST remittance (monthly).
- PF & PT payments & filing.
- Handling notices from various departments efficiently.
What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Co-ordinate in completion of statutory & tax audits and filing Income Tax Return of the company.
- Data maintenance – employee personnel files, company’s contract documents & other relevant correspondence:
- Vendor management.
- Liaison with bankers for opening bank accounts of employees & other banking needs from time to time.
- Submission of various forms required to bank.
- Insurance – medi-claim and personal accident taking care of claims & helping employees on medical insurance-related issues.
- Ensuring new employee joining and exit formalities.
- Preparing statements, work orders and purchase orders etc.
Qualifications and Experience
- MBA in Finance.
- M.Com or B.Com.
- 2 years of related work experience at either:
- A chartered accountancy firm.
- An IT services company.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team setting in a fast paced environment (verbal and written).
- Able to connect with people and collaborate with key stakeholders effectively.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
Please send your CV, one-page cover letter and following information to email@example.com.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.