This job is in our Delhi, India office:
Position: Associate Consultant (0-2 Years)
Location: Delhi, India
Celebrating eleven years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team of 70+ professionals spread across Asia, Africa, DC and London exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant.
Our team of data scientists apply agile programming and ICT tools in order to deliver responsive and practical data and digital solutions—making for an innovative, technology-oriented business model that sets us apart in the international development space.
The international business community is taking notice of this unique approach: in 2021 alone, Athena Infonomics was recognized on The Financial Times, Nikkei Asia, and Statista’s High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021 ranking, and was selected as one of The Economic Times and Statista’s 2021 India Growth Champions.
Athena’s Work Culture
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members’ professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues’ personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
- Under the guidance of the Project Manager, undertake qualitative and quantitative research that may include preparing literature reviews of secondary resources, developing research instruments, conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data collected, and developing research reports.
- Write reports and articles, and prepare presentations with suitable use of graphics.
- Work collaboratively with team members, sub-contractors, and clients across multiple countries and time zones.
- Help in organizing conferences and workshops.
- Support with business development efforts to build a steady pipeline of projects.
- Any other related tasks, as needed.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s in Economics or Social Sciences from top schools.
- Professional work experience (minimum 1 year strongly preferred, excluding internships) at a development/ management consulting firm, research institute/ firm / public policy think tank, NGO, or bilateral/ multilateral agency.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills is a core requirement of the position. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations, and publishing research papers is a strong plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software, such as R and STATA, is a plus.
- Entrepreneurial attitude in handling challenging tasks, dealing with ambiguity and shouldering responsibility.
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities.
- Ability to work with multicultural teams, perform under pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and good time management.
- Willingness to travel for project work.
- This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Only candidates who have India work authorization will be considered.
What You Can Gain
Opportunity to learn from seasoned technical experts and acquisition of key research and business development skills.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in your cover letter your expected salary and availability to start. Please mention “Application for Associate Consultant” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.