This job is in our Chennai, India office:
Position: Consultant (2-5 Years) / Associate Consultant (1-2 Years), India Domestic
Location: Chennai, India
Start Date: May 2022
Celebrating eleven years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team of 70+ professionals spread across Asia, Africa, DC and London exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant.
Our team of data scientists apply agile programming and ICT tools in order to deliver responsive and practical data and digital solutions—making for an innovative, technology-oriented business model that sets us apart in the international development space.
The international business community is taking notice of this unique approach: in 2021 alone, Athena Infonomics was recognized on The Financial Times, Nikkei Asia, and Statista’s High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021 and 2022 ranking, and was selected as one of The Economic Times and Statista’s 2021 and 2022 India Growth Champions.
Athena’s Work Culture
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members’ professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues’ personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
- Under the guidance of the Project Manager, undertake qualitative and quantitative research that may include literature review of secondary resources, developing research instruments, conducting key informant interviews and focus group discussions, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data collected, and developing research reports
- Write reports, create analysis, and make presentations with suitable use of graphics
- Work collaboratively with team members, sub-contractors, and clients across multiple countries and time zones
- Work in project management and strategic advisory roles, delivering value to marquee public and private sector clients
- Work with strategic and important government clients, delivering process revamp mandates
- Support with business development efforts to build a steady pipeline of projects
- Any other related tasks, as needed
Qualifications and Competencies
- A Master’s in Economics/Social Sciences/MBA from top schools
- Professional work experience (minimum 1 year, excluding internships) at a development/ management consulting firm, research institute/ firm/ public policy think tank, NGO, or bilateral/ multilateral agency)
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Excellent writing and presentation skills is a core requirement of the position. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers is a strong plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (proficiency in Tamil will be a big plus)
- Proficiency in statistical analysis software, such as R and STATA, is a plus
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks, deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities
- Ability to work with multicultural teams and to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and good time management
- Willingness to travel for project work
- This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Only candidates who have India work authorization will be considered.
What You Can Gain
Opportunity to work in a global development environment, which is challenging along with a driven and passionate team with a flexible, startup culture.
Interested applicants can send their CV, a cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state in your cover letter your expected salary and availability to start. Please mention “Application for Consultant / Associate Consultant – India Domestic, 2022” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.