This job is in our Delhi or Chennai office:
Position: Consultant (3-5 Years) or Senior Consultant (5-7 Years)
Location: Delhi or Chennai, India
Celebrating eleven years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team of 70+ professionals spread across Asia, Africa, DC and London exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant.
Our team of data scientists apply agile programming and ICT tools in order to deliver responsive and practical data and digital solutions—making for an innovative, technology-oriented business model that sets us apart in the international development space.
The international business community is taking notice of this unique approach: in 2021 alone, Athena Infonomics was recognized on The Financial Times, Nikkei Asia, and Statista’s High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021 ranking, and was selected as one of The Economic Times and Statista’s 2021 India Growth Champions.
This is a strategic position that will require close collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director and other team members at Athena Infonomics to manage and grow the organization’s MEL portfolio. The Consultant/Senior Consultant will report to the Associate Director and will be responsible for implementing the strategy regarding new business development and overseeing and managing the delivery of programs in collaboration with a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team in India and the US.
Athena’s Work Culture
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members’ professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues’ personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
- Oversee the delivery of ongoing MEL programs;
- Design and implement robust experimental and quasi-experimental evaluations and research, using quantitative and mixed methods;
- Manage large-scale surveys, data cleaning, analysis, and reporting;
- Under the Director’s guidance, build the MEL practice and lead business development, including the scoping and development of proposals and tender responses;
- Manage a team of consultants and analysts, and ensure high-quality outputs;
- Ensure effective management of budgets and on-time delivery of project deliverables;
- Proactively contribute to management and organization development activities, including thought leadership, training etc.;
- Work collaboratively with team members, sub-contractors, and clients, often across multiple countries and time zones;
- Facilitate knowledge-sharing and learning, communicating regularly on results and activities in assigned projects and building evidence on common themes across projects.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in economics, statistics, international development, political science, sociology, or a related field;
- Knowledge and experience in statistical techniques for impact evaluation and modeling economic behavior;
- Demonstrable experience in sampling techniques and proficiency in R, Stata, or any other relevant software;
- Minimum of 5 years’ work experience with bilateral and multilateral organizations (particularly in MEL or related work);
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handling challenging tasks, dealing with ambiguity and shouldering responsibility;
- Excellent project-management skills to ensure quality and timely delivery;
- Demonstrated experience in client management;
- Demonstrated skills in the design of evaluation study protocols (experimental, quasi-experimental, and mixed method approaches);
- Experience in adaptive learning, implementation science, or the co-production of knowledge is a bonus;
- Knowledge or experience in how ICT can be applied to MEL, or development more widely, is a plus;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations, and publishing research papers;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities;
- Ability to work with a team and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail and good time management;
- Experience in an international setting will be a plus.
- This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Only candidates who have India work authorization will be considered.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please state in your cover letter your expected salary and availability to start. Please mention “Application for Consultant / Senior Consultant, MEL” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.