This job is in Dehradun/our Delhi office:
Position: Consultant – Urban Development (2 years)
Deadline: 9th February 2020
Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Supporting multiple projects involving across Athena’s urban development portfolio, including: governance, program implementation, service delivery, quantitative and qualitative research including (but not limited to):
- Managing a team of consultants and analysts across multiple locations and ensuring effective project delivery;
- Translating client requirements into specific methodological approaches and tasks for team members and delivering high quality outputs;
- o Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Supporting the formulation of strategic partnerships, building Athena’s urban practice, and pursuing new business opportunities to expand our client base in domestic/international markets.
- Proactively contribute to management and organizational development activities, such as thought leadership, training, etc.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Postgraduate degree in an area relevant to urban development from a top-tier graduate school.
- Minimum 2 years of demonstrated professional experience in relevant sector(s).
- Ability to execute and support (both on technical and execution fronts) mid-size projects simultaneously. Experience in supporting a major role in large/mid-size projects for government, multilateral/bilateral clients and international NGOs in urban governance, program design and implementation, institutional strengthening including capacity building, urban data ecosystem strengthening, behavioral research, need-gap analysis, data analysis etc.
- Proven experience of working with urban local bodies/state and national government on urban aspects along with a thorough understanding of functioning of city governments.
- Good understanding of international/national urban agenda/programs/schemes/policies etc. especially India.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills. Knowledge of contemporary research techniques and practices.
- Structured thinking and project-based decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated team management and mentoring skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong experience in proposal writing and business development.
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample along with the following information to email@example.com
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.