This job is based in our Delhi or Chennai office:
Position: Contracts Specialist (5-7 years of relevant experience)
Location: Delhi or Chennai, India
Celebrating eleven years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team of 70+ professionals spread across Asia, Africa, DC and London exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant.
Our team of data scientists apply agile programming and ICT tools in order to deliver responsive and practical data and digital solutions—making for an innovative, technology-oriented business model that sets us apart in the international development space.
The international business community is taking notice of this unique approach: in 2021 alone, Athena Infonomics was recognized on The Financial Times, Nikkei Asia, and Statista’s High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021 ranking, and was selected as one of The Economic Times and Statista’s 2021 India Growth Champions.
Athena’s Work Culture
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members’ professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues’ personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
- Receive, review and draft contracts for adherence to client/partner requirements and specifications. This includes NDAs, Service Agreements, Subcontracting Agreements, Purchase Orders, Teaming Agreements, Maintenance Agreements, Due Diligence Memos, Software License Agreements, etc.
- Review contract terms and conditions to verify that they are in compliance with company policies and all applicable central and state regulations
- Clearly explain contract terminology to clients/partners and other interested parties in simple, everyday language
- Self-monitor progress according to the schedule of completion to submit drafts and documents in a timely manner
- Proofread, edit, and fact-check legal documents for accuracy and consistency, according to a style guide if provided by the client
- Follow up internally to ensure that timelines are met
- Maintain team queues, waiting queues and following up with outstanding items
- Collaborate with Athena’s legal, finance, project teams along with clients/partners to successfully move contracts forward
- Thorough knowledge of applicable contractual laws
- Understanding of various labour laws and compliance to employment regulations
- Ability to evaluate compliance risk through analysis, risk identification, monitoring and consulting on various projects and initiatives at a management level
- Drafting or vetting of various agreements, RFQs, LOAs, vendor contracts, letters, notices, opinions, MOUs, written statements etc. and negotiate with client/vendor
- Liasioning with auditors and other external monitoring and/or regulatory agencies
- Liaise with lawyers and legal counselors for contract review and specialized feedback as maybe required
- Representations before statutory authorities
- Meticulous in record keeping and data management
- Maintain contracts library, with version control and periodic updates
- Building trackers and MIS for efficient management of tasks and for reporting purposes
- Align policies with procurement requirements of different clients
- Support risk management in close coordination with finance team
- Proficiency in MS is a must
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in law with 5+ years of legal experience, preferably working directly with contract law
- Knowledge of current and legally binding contractual language and terminology
- Ability to identify, analyze, and suggest solutions for problems, and client/partner concerns
- Clear adherence to company policies and procurement rules and regulations
- Good organization skills and the ability to multitask on several projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of negotiation best practices, both in-person and in written form, that considers cultural norms and the client’s best interests
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with teams with various background
- Comfort working with multicultural teams across countries and time zones
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks, deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility
- Willingness to work virtually as well as in an office setting
- This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Only candidates who have India work authorization will be considered.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample, along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Application for Contracts Specialist” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.