This job is in our Chennai / Delhi office:
Position: Design Associate (3-5 years)
Location: Chennai / Delhi
Start Date: Asap
Last date to apply: 30th April 2021
Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Manage design aspects of multiple projects from conception through completion.
- Develop presentations, interactive graphs/sheets, strategic communications material, infographics etc for our clients and internal teams.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy.
- Work closely with internal teams to develop concepts and present to management.
- Work with project teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Work with clients to establish needs and deliver outputs accordingly.
- Staying up to date with industry trends to keep ahead of competitors.
- Producing consistently excellent visual work.
- Communicating productively with management and clients to keep them up-to-date with project milestones.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum three years experience working in publishing, website design, e-marketing, and advertising. Strong preference for candidates from development/consulting sector.
- Demonstrated experience of working on interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design while championing industry best practices.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions.
- Print and web design capabilities.
- Experience of applying best practices in interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping.
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, MS Office, Animate. Candidate should be Internet/computer savvy.
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects and video editing (a plus) needed for this position.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) in English are essential as the role requires direct communication with team members and clients. Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments. The ability to meet deadlines.
- The ability to think creatively and deliver impressive concepts.
Please send your CV, design portfolio, one-page cover letter and following information to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Design Associate role”. Please also share the following details in the email:
If current location is not Chennai, then are you willing to relocate to Chennai (Yes/No):
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.