This job is in our Chennai/Delhi office:
Position: Design Manager (5-8 years)
Location: Chennai or Delhi
Start date: Asap
Last date to apply: 30th April 2021
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Plan the framework of design according to the laid out concept and established specifications of the project and manage design aspects of multiple projects from conception through completion.
- Supervise, lead and mentor the junior designer team members. Delegate job responsibilities among them and oversee that quality work is being completed within the deadline while ensuring consistently excellent visual work.
- Develop presentations, interactive graphs/sheets, strategic communications material, infographics etc for our clients and internal teams.
- Develop creative programs and design concepts that meet the business objectives of the organization and that advance our brand strategy.
- Work closely with internal teams to develop concepts and present to management.
- Work with project teams to generate ideas for pitching and proposals.
- Work with clients to establish needs and deliver outputs accordingly.
- Staying in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, trends in visual design field.
- Oversee that new techniques and processes are used to provide best quality of designs and suggest new ways of improving the quality of designs.
- Leverage creative and marketing knowledge to develop new creative campaigns for specific targets.
- Communicating productively with management and clients to keep them up-to-date with project milestones.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum five years experience working in publishing, website design, e-marketing, and advertising. Strong preference for candidates from development/consulting sector.
- Preference for candidates who have led and managed a team of 2 or more designers.
- Demonstrated experience of working on interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design while championing industry best practices.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; must have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative motion graphics solutions.
- Print and web design capabilities.
- Experience of applying best practices in interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping.
- Experience with software such as Photoshop, CorelDraw, Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, MS Office, Animate. Candidate should be Internet/computer savvy.
- Experience with Adobe AfterEffects and video editing (a plus) needed for this position.
- Excellent creative and innovative skills, strong project management and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective relation building capacity with client, partner and internal team at different levels in the organization.
- Ability to use strong analytical and artistic approach to solve complex issues.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments. The ability to meet deadlines while handling multiple projects and prioritize different tasks.
- The ability to think creatively and deliver impressive concepts.
- Self-learning, able to learn new tools quickly and work in a fast evolving environment.
Please send your CV, design portfolio, one-page cover letter and following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for Design Manager role”. Please also share the following details in the email:
If current location is not Chennai, then are you willing to relocate to Chennai (Yes/No):
Link to work portfolio:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.