This job is based in our Delhi or Chennai office:
Position: GIS Developer (1 – 4 years’ experience)
Location: Delhi or Chennai, India
Position Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Celebrating more than twelve years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team of 70+ professionals spread across Asia, Africa, Europe and North America exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying a wide array of development solutions.
At Athena, we leverage digital technologies, advanced analytics capabilities, and our domain knowledge and technical expertise, to solve complex problems in the development sector. As part of Athena’s Geospatial Services team, you will work with domain-experts, designers, and product engineers to develop web mapping applications and geo-processing tools to support GIS solutions and understand customer requirements and develop GIS application to meet business needs.
As a GIS Developer, your role would require you to:
- Have GIS programming ability and a knowledge of spatial and data management tools (Spatial Analyst and raster operations)
- Provide data management and application development support as required
- Perform spatial analysis of geographic data using ESRI and GIS programs
- Have hands-on experience on ArcPy, PyQGIS, and Python
- Have proficiency with programming languages such as SQL, R, or Python
- Collaborate with stakeholders on changes associated with system implementations, conversions, and upgrades
- Have hands-on experience on ArcGIS, QGIS, and other open-source platforms
As a GIS developer, you’ll have a diverse range of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Assisting in data integrity and quality assurance activities to ensure application stability
- Developing presentations and demos so that customers clearly understand the GIS application
- Ensuring that application architecture meets business requirements
- Designing, coding, and integrating applications with database management systems
- Testing applications and performing bug fixes
Our mission is to accelerate the digitalization of spatial dataset which are pre-requisite for development sector. We also build digital tools that assist stakeholders and communities with the implementation and management of geospatial solutions in tandem with frontier technologies (incl. AI, ML, and IoT etc.). Our current focus is on the implementation of GIS-based solutions because they hold great promise in the advancement of the data-centric interventions, which can subsequently help build sustainable communities in developing regions of the world.
- This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Only candidates who have India work authorization will be considered.
Interested applicants can send their CV, cover letter, and the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Application for GIS Developer” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.