This job is in our Delhi/Chennai office:
Position: ICT4D Manager
Location: Chennai / Delhi
Deadline: 15th April 2021
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
Project Cum Vendor Management
- Manage customer expectations, requirements, deliverables based on timelines.
- Drive Agile (SCRUM) based methodology across application development projects.
- Manage subcontracting with vendors.
- Manage Vendors providing application development and maintenance engagements.
- Establish a strong governance between Athena, Vendor and Customers
- Implement stringent Quality Control measures to guarantee zero defects.
- Build / Motivate teams and implement optimal team utilization measures.
- Understand and articulate requirements from the RFPs.
- Be able to respond to RFPs by working with all relevant stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Liaise with practice managers, business development managers and technical architects to BUILD and PRESENT compelling customer proposals to win new engagements.
Required Work Experience
At least 8 – 12 years’ experience in the following:
- Grown from an application developer to a project cum presales manager.
- Should have handled more than one project at a time, especially mobile and web application projects.
- To possess a combination of project management and presales experience – with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Should have responded to RFPs, written, and presented proposals to customers.
- Managed vendor selection and provided required governance to deliver applications on time to customers.
- Strong exposure to Agile technologies – Must have worked in Dot Net or Core Java technologies – Dot Net Stack exposure preferred.
- Good Understanding of Public Sector (Development) / e-Governance sectors.
Required Educational Qualifications and Competencies
- Relevant Bachelors or Masters degree
- Certification in Project Management
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills. Must be able to express ideas
effectively in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Team management skills
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks, deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility
What You Can Gain
- Opportunity to engage intensively with and contribute to the growth of Athena’s
rapidly expanding development portfolios.
- Knowledge of and experience working with major development agencies, governments and the private sector and opportunity to actively shape the outcomes of exciting projects funded by them.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for ICT4D Manager 2021”.
Willingness to be based out of Chennai/Delhi:
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.