This job is in our Washington, D.C. office:
Position: Lead Consultant, MEL (6-8 Years)
Location: Washington D.C./ Rockville
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven program strategy and design, project implementation, evaluation and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bilateral and multilateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading international NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Design and implement robust experimental and quasi-experimental evaluations and research, using quantitative and mixed methods
- Oversee the delivery of ongoing MEL programs;
- Strategically build the MEL practice and lead business development including scoping and developing proposals and tender responses;
- Manage a team of consultants and analysts and ensure high quality outputs;
- Ensure effective management of budgets and on-time delivery of project deliverables;
- Proactively contribute to management and organization development activities including thought leadership, training etc.;
- Work collaboratively with team members, sub-contractors and clients, often across multiple countries and time zones;
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and learning, communicating regularly on results and activities in assigned projects and building evidence on common themes across projects;
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in public health, economics, international development, political science, sociology, or a related field;
- Knowledge and experience in statistical techniques for impact evaluation and modeling economic behavior;
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience with bilateral and multilateral organizations (particularly in MEL or related work);
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handling challenging tasks, dealing with ambiguity and shouldering responsibility;
- Excellent project management skills to ensure quality and timely delivery;
- Demonstrated experience in client management;
- Demonstrated skills in the design of evaluation study protocols (experimental, quasi-experimental and mixed method approaches);
- Experience in adaptive learning, implementation science or the co-production of knowledge is a bonus;
- Knowledge or experience of how ICT can be applied to MEL, or development more widely is a plus;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers.;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities;
- Ability to work with a team and meet deadlines;
- Attention to detail and good time management;
- Experience in an international setting.
- This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Only candidates who have US work authorization will be considered.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please state in your cover letter your expected salary and availability to start. Please mention “Application for Lead Consultant, MEL” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.