This job is in our Delhi office:
Position: Senior Consultant – Economist (5-7 Years)
Deadline: 9th February 2020
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is an international development consultancy, with offices throughout South Asia as well as in Washington, DC. Founded in 2010, we have been expanding rapidly and are listed as an FT 1000 High-Growth Company in Asia Pacific. Our current work spans across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Support multiple projects involving project management, service delivery, quantitative and qualitative research, including, but not limited to:
- Selecting methodological approaches design study protocols and oversee data collection for a variety of projects, including, but not limited to, impact evaluations.
- Using primary and secondary data sources to draw insights from project learnings and give guidance on project-level strategic directions, over the course of the project cycle.
- Leading/collaborating in the development of policy recommendations and planning tools based on stakeholder engagement and rooted in the local context including on-going data collection processes, evaluation metrics and other analytic tools
- Developing data management systems in partnership with clients, for their internal use, such as evaluation metrics, as well as algorithms for data analysis & forecasting.
- Database management, data cleaning and data analysis of large data-sets.
- Survey design & building standardized questionnaires in a data collection software system, such as ODK.
- Drafting project deliverables based on primary and secondary research, incorporating an understanding project stakeholder relationships, local capabilities and limitations as well as the larger sectoral context.
- Traveling to meet with clients, experts, and other project stakeholders.
- Developing presentation materials and delivering presentations to groups of stakeholders, using appropriate graphics, tables, charts and figures.
- Proactively contributing to management and internal development activities at Athena, such as thought leadership, conducting skills training, etc.
- Supporting in formulating strategic partnerships, working across Athena’s practices, and pursue new business opportunities to expand the client base in domestic/international markets.
Qualifications and Experience
- Graduate degree or work experience in areas relevant to development economics and econometrics.
- An indicative (but not exhaustive) list is: economics, impact evaluations, development studies, sociology, and statistics.
- Knowledge and experience in econometrics/statistics.
- In-depth knowledge & experience of one or more statistical software such as STATA, SAS, SPSS or R.
- Knowledge & experience developing different types of statistical models including PCA, fixed & random effects model, and logistic regression.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ work experience in the development sector (particularly in M&E or related fields).
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative research methods. Experience with mixed-methods also desirable.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers is strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work with a team and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and good time management.
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handling challenging tasks, dealing with ambiguity and shouldering responsibility.
- Excellent project management skills to ensure quality and timely and delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in client management.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose along with the following information to email@example.com.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.