This job is in our Delhi office:
Position: Senior Consultant – Gender and Social Inclusion (5 Years)
Deadline: 9th February 2020
Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Athena Infonomics is seeking a Senior Consultant for its Gender and Social Inclusion Practice. This person will provide technical support on gender equality, female empowerment and the inclusion of other marginalized groups in programs and proposals (gender and social inclusion). Specifically:
- Provide technical guidance for promoting the active and quality participation of women, youth, and other marginalized groups in economic empowerment.
- Provide guidance to other technical areas – such as agriculture, education, skill development, health, nutrition, WASH, urban transformation, enterprise development– on how to apply gender integration, female empowerment and social inclusion principles into their sectors.
- Support gender integration, female empowerment and social inclusion in the design of proposals and throughout the project cycle.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Provide technical guidance and support to assigned projects in gender and social inclusion.
- Design and lead gender and social inclusion analyses/assessments.
- Design qualitative and quantitative approaches for conducting assessment and evaluation.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis and statistical analysis.
- Interpret and present analysis results in a succinct manner for wide audience.
- Lead site visits and interviews.
- Lead literature reviews.
- Provide technical assistance for the integration of gender and social inclusion into the design and implementation of other technical studies and evaluations in Athena’s core sectors.
- Manage multiple projects to high quality standards, budgets and timelines. This includes managing and quality assuring the work of Athena staff, externals and associates, as well as sub-contractors.
- Direct teams in performing research tasks of significant technical complexity.
- Client interface and management to ensure client satisfaction.
- Provide or oversee the provision of technical guidance and/or quality control to proposals, particularly regarding gender-sensitive and gender-transformative approaches, female empowerment, youth engagement/development, and social inclusion in the sectors where Athena is involved.
- Act as technical lead/writer or subject matter expert for proposals, ensuring gender and social inclusion are effectively integrated throughout proposal process.
- Identify and meet with other organizations/donors on possible new business development activities related to gender and social inclusion.
- Identify organizational learning needs/opportunities related to gender and social inclusion and conduct internal KT sessions.
- Provide support to the practice manager on strategy, recruitment and people management as requested.
- Providing mentoring and professional development support to others in the office.
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in international development, gender studies, behavioral economics, sociology, or other related field required.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in gender and social inclusion.
- Demonstrated experience and technical knowledge in gender and social inclusion within international development required.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in management consulting and cross-team facilitation at the senior management level.
- Strong quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods skills.
- Knowledge and experience of working in M&E including conducting gender assessment and evaluation.
- Strong experience in proposal writing and business development.
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, program evaluation, policy analysis, proposal and report writing.
- Experience of working closely with stakeholders such as government ministries, NGOs.
- Must have excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Must have strong Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
- Quantitative experience in a statistical package (Stata, SPSS, SAS, etc.) is desirable.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, with staff from all education and
- experience levels, as well as across various geographic locations.
- Willingness to travel and be based out of project locations (these locations are not necessarily sensitive or conflict prone).
- Strong interpersonal skills, good attention to detail, and ability to work successfully in multidisciplinary teams.
Interested applicants can send their covering letter, references and CVs to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Diversity in this references (e.g. across government institutions and private sector/development agencies) will be valuable.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.