This job is based in our Delhi or Chennai office:
Position: Senior Consultant – Governance and Technology (6-8 Years)
Location: Delhi or Chennai, India
Position Type: Full-time
Start Date: ASAP
Celebrating twelve years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team spread across Asia, Africa, North America and Europe exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant.
About the Governance and Technology Practice
The practice provides research and advisory support, to help donors, governments and implementing organisations develop thoughtful and equitable digital approaches to routine data use and data governance. The practice primarily delivers support to strengthen data management systems and promote service delivery, promote equitable data governance, and develop integrated monitoring and learning systems.
About the role: The Senior Consultant will directly report into the Principal Consultant, Governance and Technology. They will assume critical responsibility for driving Athena’s work within the data governance sector, including technical delivery, communication, and business development.
The Senior Consultant will be a high-performing mid-early career professional passionate about contributing to cutting edge research and practice on the use of technology in service delivery and social impact.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into well-structured, accessible deliverables (e.g., policy briefs, presentations, reports, blog posts, etc). The role will require the ability to quickly comprehend complex concepts (even with limited prior knowledge) and work on multiple projects at the same time.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Strong market development and business acquisition skills
- Effective project and client management;
- Contribute to the vision and strategy for the Governance and Technology practice;
- Provide technical guidance and support to assigned projects in the Governance and Technology Practice. This can require the candidate to:
- Design and lead proposals for clients such as BMGF, The World Bank, USAID;
- interpret and communicate research results in a succinct manner for a wide audience.
- Provide support to the Practice Lead on strategy, recruitment, and people management;
- Knowledge management, communication, and dissemination;
- Provide mentorship to junior members (as and when needed).
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Social Science or other related fields of study
- Professional work experience (minimum 6 years, excluding internships) at a development/ management consulting firm, research institute/ firm/ public policy think tank, NGO, or bilateral/ multilateral agency). Previous consulting experience in ICT and data governance will be greatly valued.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills is a core requirement of the position. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers is a strong plus
- Entrepreneurial attitude, with an interest in business development
- Ability to work with multicultural teams and to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and good time management
- Willingness to travel for project work
- This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Only candidates who have India work authorization will be considered.
Interested applicants can send their CV, a cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com. Please state in your cover letter your current location, current and expected salary and availability to start. Please mention “Application for Senior Consultant – Governance and Technology, 2023” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena’s Work Culture
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members’ professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues’ personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.