This job is in our Chennai/Delhi office:
Position: Senior Consultant – Public Health (5+ years)
Deadline: 16th August 2019
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Athena Infonomics is seeking to recruit a full-time senior consultant for our public health portfolio in India. The ideal candidate’s background may include community medicine, public health, health policy, health planning, health financing, health economics, cost-benefit analysis, results-based financing, costing, expenditure review and tracking, surveys and programme evaluation.
The key objective of the job as a senior consultant is to:
- Provide technical direction and leadership to key health (and related projects) in India to ensure their successful delivery.
- Deliver projects and carry out other tasks under the direction of the country director and senior advisor (health) in accordance with an agreed annual performance agreement including associated financial and other targets.
- Support the acquisition of new work through leading bids and developing client relationships.
- Support the professional development of junior and mid-level staff in the office.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Technical lead on projects, including:
- Co-create and ideate projects with clients in the area of health policy and planning, health systems strengthening, National Health Mission health financing and nutrition, involving a range of policy, implementation, research, evaluation and training-related issues.
- Design qualitative and quantitative approaches to evaluate the impact of health programs and policies, or to support the implementation of health programs.
- Conduct quantitative data analysis and statistical analysis.
- Interpret and present analysis results in a succinct manner for wide audience.
- Lead site visits and interviews.
- Lead literature reviews.
- Manage multiple projects to high quality standards, budgets and timelines. This includes managing and quality assuring the work of Athena staff, externals and associates, as well as sub-contractors.
- Direct teams in performing research tasks of significant technical complexity.
- Client interface and management to ensure client satisfaction.
- Provide support to the senior health advisor on strategy, recruitment and people management as requested.
- Manage and support proposal development in support of new business, including bringing together and coordinating a team, writing the technical and management sections for proposals, identifying experts and team leaders, and creating budgets.
- Providing mentoring and professional development support to others in the office.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Post-graduate degree in community medicine (preventative and social medicine) health services research, health economics, public health, epidemiology or other relevant fields from a top-tier school.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in public health.
- Proven experience of 2+ years in business development and client interaction.
- Demonstrated ability and experience in management consulting and cross-team facilitation at the senior management level.
- Strong quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods skills.
- Knowledge and experience of working in M&E including Health Management Information System (HMIS).
- Strong experience in proposal writing and business development.
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, program evaluation, policy analysis, proposal and report writing.
- Experience of working closely with stakeholders such as government ministries, NGOs.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Strong Microsoft Word and Excel experience.
- Quantitative experience in a statistical package (Stata, SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, with staff from all education and experience levels, as well as across various geographic locations.
- Willingness to travel and be based out of project locations (these locations are not necessarily sensitive or conflict prone).
- Strong interpersonal skills, good attention to detail, and ability to work successfully in multidisciplinary teams.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample along with the following information to email@example.com
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.