This job is in our Delhi/Chennai office:
Position: Senior Consultant – Urban Finance and Strategy (3+ Years)
Deadline: 9th February 2020
Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Manage/lead medium-to-high complexity urban infrastructure financial planning, strategy and modeling projects.
- Develop comprehensive financial and business models from scratch; structuring/customizing business models across urban sectors (water, sanitation, housing, transportation etc.).
- Structure and design innovative financing solutions.
- Engage and manage relationships with clients and partners.
- Lead/manage and pursue new business development opportunities in conjunction with Urban and WASH practices.
- Supervise a team of in-house and external consultants.
- Collaborate with teams across Athena’s offices in India, Africa and the US.
- Travel to project/client location.
Qualifications and Competencies
- 3+ years of financial modeling and related experience.
- Experience in transaction advisory and PPPs is preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (VBA skill is a plus) and proficiency with Word, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated experience in business and strategic planning and managing client relationships.
- A strong accounting/finance/valuation background.
- Experience in building, maintaining and effectively managing client relationships.
- Ability to explain complex financial issues in clear, simple, and concise manner.
- Professional demeanor and strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be flexible with expected travel requirements of client service engagements.
- Enthusiastic approach to solving complex problems and attention to detail.
- Master’s degree in MBA/Finance.
- CFA/CA preferred.
Interested applicants can send their resume and a statement of purpose along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.