This job is in our Delhi, India office:
Position: Senior Consultant – WASH
Location: Delhi, India (until the COVID-19 situation is stable, we are following a work-from-home routine)
Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: ASAP
Celebrating twelve years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team of 70+ professionals spread across Asia, Africa, DC and London exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant.
Our team of data scientists apply agile programming and ICT tools in order to deliver responsive and practical data and digital solutions—making for an innovative, technology-oriented business model that sets us apart in the international development space.
The international business community is taking notice of this unique approach: in 2021 alone, Athena Infonomics was recognized on The Financial Times, Nikkei Asia, and Statista’s High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021 ranking, and was selected as one of The Economic Times and Statista’s 2021 and 2022 India Growth Champions.
Athena’s Work Culture
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members’ professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues’ personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
- Project Tasks. Work closely with the Project Manager and project teams to ensure timely and effective delivery on Athena’s Water and Sanitation (WASH) projects, including but not limited to:
- Under guidance from the Project Manager, develop overall project work plans, translate client requirements into specific methodological approaches and monitoring plan, oversee project progress, and continuously draw insights from project learnings to guide project strategic directions.
- Coordinate with national and state partners, provide guidance, handholding support and troubleshoot on collating data and reporting on the monitoring framework and developing sanitation plans.
- Review, quality check, and edit deliverables submitted by partners to ensure the quality of all outputs on the project.
- Coordinate with various national/international platforms and forums to provide outcome based inclusive service delivery related inputs and engage in sectoral discussions.
- Travel to meet with clients, experts, and other project stakeholders.
- Draft project deliverables based on primary and secondary research, which involves understanding contextual data generation challenges, developing data collection protocols – standardization of methods and processes and data quality improvements.
- Develop sanitation improvement plans shifting the focus from infrastructure-based service delivery approach to outcomes-based service delivery.
- Develop content for capacity building sessions and deliver training sessions for various government and non-governmental stakeholders.
- Develop presentations with suitable use of graphics.
- Write reports for external communication with client and stakeholders.
- Organizational Development:
- Support other project teams as and when required.
- Support with exploring new research opportunities related to WASH, including but not limited to tracking opportunities, drafting proposals, and designing qualitative and quantitative research instruments.
- Actively disseminate learnings from programs within the sector and participate in sector related dissemination events.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in an area related to Urban Planning, Water Management and Governance, International Development, or Social Sciences from a top-tier graduate school.
- 5-6 years of overall professional experience, with at least 2 years of relevant experience in WASH service delivery.
- Should have strong logical thinking and analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with teams with various background.
- Proven record of developing and managing long-term client relationships.
- Comfort working with multicultural teams across countries and time zones.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks, deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility.
- This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Only candidates who have India work authorization will be considered.
What You Can Gain
- The opportunity to engage intensively with and contribute to the growth of Athena’s rapidly expanding India Domestic portfolio.
- The opportunity to actively shape the outcomes of exciting projects funded by major international development agencies in the Urban, Agriculture, MSME and Education sectors.
- Knowledge of and experience working with major development agencies in the above-mentioned sectors as well as with sector experts.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample, along with the following information to email@example.com. Please mention “Application for Senior Consultant, WASH, New Delhi” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.