This job is in our Delhi office:
Position: Senior Manager/Associate Director – Business Development (BD) (8 to 12 Years)
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Providing leadership and direction in developing and managing Athena Infonomics’ overall BD strategy (India and US) and implementing frameworks focused on bilateral and multi-lateral donors as well as government business;
- Establishing workplans and budgets, and monitoring compliance of the donor financial rules and policies;
- Representing Athena Infonomics at all necessary platforms and serving as focal point for any BD activities including developing funding proposals, coordinating and supervising engagement activities, ensuring timeliness and quality of donor reports, planning and carrying out donor visits when necessary, promoting dialogue and information exchanges;
- Managing a team of managers, associate managers and associates and ensuring high quality outputs and identifying training requirements to meet staff development needs to meet objectives;
- Proactively contributing to management and organization development activities including thought leadership, training etc.;
- Working collaboratively with team members, sub-contractors and clients, often across multiple countries.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business Management, Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, Public Health, Education, Communications or other related fields from reputed institutions;
- 8-12 years of professional work experience in the management consulting/development sector with progressively increasing responsibilities in business development, of which four years should be at a management level preferably with international exposure;
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with development sector donors such as DFID, ADB, World Bank, UNICEF, USAID etc;
- Current knowledge of development issues, strategies, as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation;
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas, as well as to impart knowledge and teach skills;
- Ability to supervise and direct a team of professional staff;
- Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills;
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications;
- Fluency in English and Hindi;
- Sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals;
- Has good leadership and supervisory skills; co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the team are clear;
- Willing to travel extensively as per need.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a cover letter along with the following information to email@example.com ccing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention “Application for Senior Manager/Associate Director – Business Development” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Current location (City):
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.