Celebrating over twelve years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers.
Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team of 70+ professionals spread across Asia, Africa, DC and London exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant. Our team of data scientists apply agile programming and ICT tools in order to deliver responsive and practical data and digital solutions—making for an innovative, technology-oriented business model that sets us apart in the international development space.
The international business community is taking notice of this unique approach: in 2021 alone, Athena Infonomics was recognized on The Financial Times, Nikkei Asia, and Statista’s High Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021 and 2022 ranking, and was selected as one of The Economic Times and Statista’s 2021, 2022, and 2023 India Growth Champions.
This is a strategic position that will require close collaboration with the MEL Director and other team members at Athena Infonomics to manage and grow the organization’s MEL portfolio. The Senior Consultant will report to the Practice Head and will be responsible to implement the strategy for new business development and oversee and manage the delivery of programs in collaboration with a multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team in India and the US. Athena is involved in a wide range of M&E activities: including the design and delivery of M&E frameworks (theory of change, log frame, indicators, monitoring plans, design of tools and data collection/analysis) and standalone programme evaluations (theory based, quasi experimental and mixed methods approaches).
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members' professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues’ personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
• Oversee the delivery of ongoing MEL programs and evaluations
• Under the Director’s guidance, build the MEL practice and lead business development including scoping and developing proposals and tender responses
• Draft proposals (including technical components) for multi and bilateral clients such as FCDO, World Bank, EU, USAID, etc.
• Manage a team of associate consultants and analysts and ensure high quality outputs
• Ensure effective management of budgets and on-time delivery of project deliverables
• Proactively contribute to management and organization development activities including thought leadership, training etc.
• Work collaboratively with team members, sub-contractors and clients, often across multiple countries and time zones
• Facilitate knowledge sharing and learning, communicating regularly on results and activities in assigned projects and building evidence on common themes across projects
• Master’s degree in economics, statistics, international development, political science, sociology, or a related field
• Proven expertise in M&E, research and learning syntheses projects and programmes
• Experience supporting consulting services or international development projects, especially with DFID, USAID or other multilaterals or bilateral donors, or experience of working LMICs
• Demonstrable experience with research and evaluation design; using mixed-methods MEL and research approaches
• Proven experience with designing Theories of Change and understanding of theory-driven evaluation approaches
• Demonstrable understanding in two or more of key evaluation methods: Contribution Analysis, Outcome Harvesting, Most Significant Change Method, etc.
• Ability to design and conduct process evaluations, including designing methodology and data collection tools
• Demonstrated success in the acquisition of bid-based, donor-funded monitoring and evaluation projects
• Experience of project management, including management of project teams
• Demonstrated excellence managing large, complex, quantitative and qualitative data gathering initiatives to produce rigorous, evidence based conclusions and recommendations
• Familiarity with both qualitative and quantitative data analysis software, such as SPSS, STATA, R, NVivo, or MAXQDA, preferred
• Entrepreneurial attitude to handling challenging tasks, dealing with ambiguity and shouldering responsibility
• Excellent project management skills to ensure quality and timely delivery
• Demonstrated experience in client management
• Experience in adaptive learning, implementation science or the co-production of knowledge is a bonus
• Excellent writing and presentation skills. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities
• Ability to work with a team and meet deadlines
• Attention to detail and good time management
• Experience in an international setting will be a plus.
• This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification
• The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
• Only candidates who have India work authorization will be considered.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, and a cover letter to email@example.com. Please state in your cover letter your expected salary and availability to start. Please mention “Application for Consultant / Senior Consultant, MEL” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.