Celebrating over twelve years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team spread across Asia, Africa, North America, and Europe exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant.
The GSD team provides tailored support to water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) institutions, facilitating efficient and inclusive service delivery within complex systems. Athena Infonomics’ team of data scientists, social scientists, engineers, management, and IT professionals combine expertise in research methods with digital and data science tools to design, improve, and measure WASH policies and programs. We work with decision-makers to design technical and institutional interventions that respond to evidence and local challenges. Through this approach, we have emerged as a trusted technical partner and advisor to policy makers and other stakeholders working to achieve measurable, equitable, and sustainable water and sanitation outcomes.
Some of our programs include:
• Development of a Tool for Citywide Inclusive Sanitation Services Assessment and Planning, funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
• Evaluation of Centrally Sponsored Schemes (including the Swachh Bharat Mission Phase One and Atal Mission on Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation), funded by NITI Aayog (Government of India).
• Consultancy Services for Tariff Review and Update of Tariff Policy, funded by the Ministry of Water and Environment, Uganda.
The Learning and Communications Manager will report directly to the Principal Consultant (WASH South Asia). He/ She will work closely with the WASH South Asia team to identify and document lessons learned from implementation, design and supervise action research, strengthen government capacities and processes for learning, and communicate experiences to Bangladesh and global audiences.
The Learning and Communications Manager will be a high-performing mid-career professional passionate about contributing to cutting edge research and practice in WASH/urban service delivery and social impact. The ideal candidate will possess excellent writing skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into well-structured and accessible deliverables that provide decision-makers with relevant and timely information (e.g., policy briefs, presentations, reports, etc.). The role will require the ability to quickly comprehend complex concepts (even with limited prior knowledge) and work on multiple projects at the same time.
• Actively involved in identifying best practices and conducting primary and secondary research
• Support team members and subject matter experts to analyze and present research findings, to both technical and general audiences.
• Coordinate with corresponding Government and Development Partner teams to identify best practices and capture learnings from relevant interventions using a variety of approaches (reports, policy briefs, webinars, etc.).
• Support design and rollout of s processes, including developing research instruments, deploying the instruments in a field visit setup, to capture learning throughout implementation.
• Work with the Principal Consultant and WASH SA Director to train the larger team on identifying and documenting lessons learned.
• Ensure all publications, videos and other products are of high quality. Further, ensure adherence to uniform standards, formats, and style guidance for publications, materials, and presentations in line with client requirements.
• Facilitate knowledge exchange across project counties and institutions.
• Provide support to other team members on execution of programme strategies.
• Organizational Development
o Support with exploring new research opportunities related to WASH, including but not limited to tracking opportunities, drafting proposals, and designing qualitative and quantitative research instruments.
o Actively disseminate learnings from programs within the sector and participate in sector related dissemination events.
• Should have a Bachelor’s and a Postgraduate degree in relevant field from a tier-one college from within the country or from abroad.
• Knowledge of the sanitation sector is strongly preferred.
• At least 5 years of global experience in qualitative research, communications, and learning.
• Excellent writing skills in English and experience in writing for a global audience.
• Excellent oral presentation and communication skills in English and Bengali.
• Ability to read and write in Bengali would be an added advantage.
• Willingness to travel.
• This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
• The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
• Only candidates who have the relevant country work authorization will be considered. Athena will not sponsor work visas.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample, along with their expected salary, notice period, and current location to email@example.com. Please mention “Application for Learning and Communications Manager – Bangladesh” in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members’ professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues’ personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.