Position Type: Full-Time
Start Date: ASAP
Celebrating twelve years of innovative and collaborative work, Athena Infonomics has established itself as a data-driven global consultancy that leverages social science research, data science, and technology to provide user-centric, context-specific solutions and advice to decision makers. Our multidisciplinary and multi-cultural team of 70+ professionals spread across Asia, Africa, DC and London exemplify extensive experience in designing and applying research methods to co-design and co-produce useful research that is inclusive and relevant.
Our team of data scientists apply agile programming and ICT tools in order to deliver responsive and practical data and digital solutions, making for an innovative, technology-oriented business model that sets us apart in the international development space.
The international business community is taking notice of this unique approach: in the last two years alone, Athena Infonomics was recognized on The Financial Times, Nikkei Asia, and Statista's High-Growth Companies Asia-Pacific 2021 and 2022 rankings and was selected as one of The Economic Times and Statista's 2021 and 2022 India Growth Champions.
Athena's Work Culture
At Athena, we function in an outcomes-based work environment with flexible hours and a high level of autonomy. Professional development and thought leadership are key elements of our business model: we support our team members' professional growth through on-the-job training, and we encourage the cultivation of our colleagues' personal brands through participation in panels, events, publications, and other thought-leadership opportunities. We embrace a transparent, open work environment with meaningful leadership pathways for those with inventive ideas and initiatives.
- Provide technical guidance and support to assigned projects in India Domestic market
- Design and lead consulting mandates
- Design qualitative and quantitative approaches for consulting mandates
- Lead primary and secondary research
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis and statistical analysis
- Interpret and present analysis results in a succinct manner for wide audience
- Provide technical assistance for the integration of India Domestic work into the design and implementation of other technical studies and evaluations in Athena's core sectors
- Manage multiple projects to high quality standards, budgets and timelines. This includes managing and quality assuring the work of Athena staff, externals and associates, as well as sub-contractors
- Direct teams in performing research tasks of significant technical complexity
- Client interface and management to ensure client satisfaction
- Provide or oversee the provision of technical guidance and/or quality control to proposals, in the sectors where Athena is involved
- Act as technical lead/writer or subject matter expert for proposals
- Identify and meet with other organizations/donors on possible new business development activities
- Provide support to the Practice Lead on strategy, recruitment and people management as requested
- Actively disseminate learnings from programs within the sector and participate in sector related dissemination events
- Provide mentoring and professional development support to others in the office
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master's degree in economics, statistics, international development, public policy, or other related field required
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in the India Domestic market with Consulting organisations preferably in the Agriculture, MSME, Skilling and Education sectors. Candidates not having Consulting experience will NOT be considered
- Demonstrated ability and experience in management consulting and cross-team facilitation at the mid management level
- Strong quantitative, qualitative, or mixed methods skills
- Strong experience in proposal writing and business development
- Experience with quantitative data analysis, program evaluation, policy analysis, proposal and report writing
- Experience of working closely with stakeholders such as government ministries, NGOs
- Must have excellent verbal and writing skills
- Must have strong Microsoft Word and Excel experience
- Quantitative experience in a statistical package (Stata, SPSS, SAS, etc.) is desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment, with staff from all education and experience levels, as well as across various geographic locations
- Willingness to travel and be based out of project locations
- Strong analytical abilities
- Ability to structure complex problems
- Excellent report writing skills. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers is essential
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks; deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility
- This position requires successful completion of a reference check and employment verification.
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Only candidates who have India work authorization will be considered.
What You Can Gain
- Opportunity to engage intensively with and contribute to the growth of Athena's rapidly expanding IBU portfolio.
- Opportunity to actively shape the outcomes of exciting projects funded by major international development agencies in the Agriculture, MSME, Skilling and Education sectors.
- Knowledge of and experience working with major development agencies in the above-mentioned sectors as well as with sector experts.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention "Application for Senior Consultant, India Domestic" in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.