This job is in our Delhi/Chennai office:
Position: Communication and Content Specialist (3 years)
Deadline: 9th February 2020
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Athena Infonomics is seeking applicants for the role of Communication and Content Specialistr to support building the profile and visibility of Athena’s work, impact and experts to key audience, in order to communicate successes and to grow Athena’s work in the chosen technical areas. Duties will involve supporting Athena’s online and social media presence, designing and implementing internal and external events, and helping project teams, technical experts and researchers communicate effectively about Athena’s work. As needed, the position may support research and analytical tasks such as competitor/client analysis, funding trends, and sector specific analysis.
- Develop written and digital content for external websites, social media platforms, newsletters, and other communications channels.
- Undertake day-to-day running of digital engagement channels across, web, and social media.
- Create and manage Athena’s editorial calendar including social media strategies, keeping current with news and trending topics in international development.
- Identify communications and media opportunities including networking events, conferences to better shape and amplify Athena’s work.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with local and regional print, broadcast, radio, and online media in India and elsewhere.
- Write and produce a wide range of communication materials, conveying technical information (summarizing evidence from Athena’s work) in a clear and accessible manner to a range of technical and non-technical audiences. Examples of products include case studies, fact sheets, technical briefs, success stories, website content, presentations, and talking points.
- Liaise with technical experts and project teams to write and disseminate key innovations, learnings, and research to wider audiences.
- Lead the development of marketing and communication materials for our diverse range of projects, including project profiles to be used online, project reports and updates to clients and partners including infographics, and internal project communications materials.
- Write and coordinate review of business development collateral including flyers, brochures, fact sheets, presentations etc.
- Create engaging and content-rich visuals, including infographics, for print and digital distribution.
- Develop and conduct communications trainings for project staff.
- Limited travel to the project locations, to document project impact and outcomes, and provide communications support to project staff.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in communication and content development.
- Masters’ degree required in communications, journalism, international development, international relations, political science, business administration, or related social sciences.
- Broad knowledge of fundamental principles, terminology, and methodology of marketing writing, technical editing, and document organization.
- Experience in writing technical content for wide range of audience (technical and non-technical), design, and publication processes, including print and digital dissemination. An ability to work with layout and graphic art professionals.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Research & analytical skills a plus.
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail; ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines, and manage a variety of tasks with accuracy.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and other creative design applications including but not limited to Adobe Illustrator.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including the ability to work collaboratively and establish strong working relationships with key colleagues within Athena.
- Self-starter, able to think creatively and work independently.
- Ability to adapt to changes in priorities, workload, and workflow.
- Exposure to and interest in international development strongly preferred.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample along with the following information to email@example.com
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.