This job is in our Delhi/Dehradun office:
Position: Lead Consultant – Urban
Role: Full Time
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is an international development consultancy, with offices throughout South Asia as well as in Washington, DC. Founded in 2010, we have been expanding rapidly and are listed as an FT 1000 High-Growth Company in Asia Pacific. Our current work spans across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- What we do: Data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: Bi-lateral and Multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: A dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Lead, plan and manage a portfolio of urban assignments involving urban governance, project implementation, urban data strategy etc.
- Convert client requirements into specific methodological approaches and tasks for team members for delivery of high-quality outputs.
- Managing relationships with clients, partners and other stakeholders.
- Support in formulating strategic partnerships, building the Urban Practice at Athena, and pursue new business opportunities to expand the client base in domestic/international markets.
- Identify and actively pursue opportunities to build Athena’s urban business catering to both public and private clients.
- Proactively contribute to management and organizational development activities, such as thought leadership, training, etc.
- Lead training and knowledge transfer to in-house teams on innovative urban strategies like tactical urbanism and other best practices in the urban sector.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Master’s degree with 7+ years of demonstrated experience of leading and / or managing a portfolio of assignments in the urban sector.
- Candidate must possess an advanced degree in urban planning / urban development /urban management / urban design / construction engineering & management.
- Demonstrated experience in executing and supporting urban assignments commissioned by Government / Bi-lateral and Multi-lateral agencies and foundations.
- Experience of conceptualising / designing and implementing innovative urban programs preferably in India.
- Experience of working with Urban Local Bodies / State Urban Departments / Urban Ministry in India.
- Demonstrated experience of effective client engagement.
- Experience of overseeing or providing technical guidance to client on aspects pertaining to construction management such as BoQ, cost / budget estimates, design specifications and safety standards etc is desirable.
Skills and knowledge
- Familiar with India’s urban agenda, urban policies, acts and guidelines.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the institutional, administrative and governance structure at the national, state and local levels.
- Possess a good understanding of the various programmes / missions / schemes relevant to India’s urban sector at all levels.
- Sound conceptual understanding of ULB finance is preferred.
- Familiar with urban innovations related to urban governance, urban data systems, interventions and public service delivery.
- Proficiency in usage of presentation software’s such adobe Photoshop, InDesign etc. and hands on experience on working with good for construction drawings.
- Working knowledge of 3D modelling software is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to prepare and high-quality client ready reports, briefs and presentations.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients, partners etc.
- Demonstrated experience in working with multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural teams with strong work ethics.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively under extremely challenging working environments and manage multiple priorities and projects under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience managing or mentoring teams comprising researchers, consultants and designers.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Lead Consultant – Urban”.
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.