This job is in our Chennai/Delhi office:
Position: Senior Consultant – Inclusive Markets (4-5 years)
Deadline: 30th August 2020
Who we are: Athena Infonomics is a data-driven global consultancy. We combine social science research methods and ICT tools to drive innovation in policies, processes and programs in international development. Athena Infonomics has offices in India and Washington, D.C., alongside program hubs across Sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Engagement, project and team management.
- Work closely with project teams and clients to manage projects and be responsible for end to end delivery.
- Compile and analyze data to draw insights that can guide project strategic directions.
- Develop high impact presentations to clients.
- Write reports for clients and stakeholders.
- Travel to meet with clients, experts and other project stakeholders.
- Support with exploring new business opportunities, including but not limited to tracking opportunities, drafting proposals, designing qualitative and quantitative research instruments, making pitches to new and current clients.
- Manage key client and partner relationships.
- Participate in conferences and knowledge dissemination events.
- Write impactful thought leadership notes.
What You Can Gain
- Opportunity to engage intensively with and contribute to the growth of Athena’s rapidly expanding development portfolios.
- Opportunity to actively shape the outcomes of exciting projects funded by major international development agencies in the private/social sectors, urban Infrastructure etc.
- Knowledge of and experience working with major development agencies, governments and the private sector.
Qualifications and Competencies
- MA or MSc in Economics or Masters in Business Administration or Masters in Social Science from top-tier institutions.
- Preferable work experience of 4 to 5 years in the area of Agriculture, Rural Development MSME, Skill /Workforce Development, Development Finance etc., at either:
- A development/management consulting firm.
- A research institute/firm/public policy think tank
- A bilateral agency or international donor agency
- Logical thinking and strong analytical abilities.
- Demonstrated skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills. Must be able to express ideas effectively in a clear and concise manner. Prior experience of writing reports, creating client presentations and publishing research papers is strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Competency in mathematical economics and statistics/econometrics is a plus.
- Time management skills
- Team management skills
- Attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial attitude to handle challenging tasks, deal with ambiguity and shoulder responsibility.
Interested applicants can send their CVs, a statement of purpose, and a writing sample along with the following information to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for Senior Consultant – Inclusive Markets”
Willingness to be based out of Chennai/Delhi:
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.