This job is in our Washington, D.C. office:
Position: Senior Consultant – WASH (5 years)
Location: Washington, D.C.
- Who we are: Athena Infonomics is an international development consultancy, with offices throughout South Asia as well as in Washington, DC. Founded in 2010, we have been expanding rapidly and are listed as an FT 1000 High-Growth Company in Asia Pacific. Our current work spans across Asia, Africa, and Latin America.
- What we do: data-driven innovation in program strategy and design, project implementation, and impact assessment across the full spectrum of economic growth and development challenges.
- Our clients: bi-lateral and multi-lateral development financing institutions, global private philanthropies, various levels of governments across continents, leading NGOs and Fortune 500 companies.
- The Athena team: a dynamic, diverse, and close-knit group of young professionals alongside a distinguished group of policymakers, academics, and intellectuals with deep sectoral knowledge and rich experience.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Manage multiple projects involving quantitative and qualitative research for WASH service delivery, including but not limited to:
- Managing a team of consultants and analysts across multiple locations and ensuring effective project delivery;
- Translating client requirements into specific methodological approaches and tasks for team members and delivering high quality outputs;
- Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders.
- Develop strategic partnerships and pursue new business opportunities, particularly with the US government.
- Proactively contribute to management and organizational development activities, such as thought leadership in WASH, training, etc.
Qualifications and Competencies
- Postgraduate degree from a top-tier graduate school.
- 5 years of professional experience in WASH.
- Ability to manage and oversee (both on technical and execution fronts) large multi-disciplinary cross-country programs. Experience in managing multilateral clients and International NGOs in WASH service delivery, evaluation and impact assessment, capacity building, institutional reform, behavioral model and communications.
- Proven experience of 3+ years in business development with the US government. A strong understanding of US government procurement vehicles and tender processes.
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research skills. Knowledge of contemporary research techniques and practices.
- Structured thinking and project-based decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated team management and mentoring skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong experience in proposal writing and business development.
- Excellent stakeholder and client management skills.
Interested applicants can send their CVs and a statement of purpose along with the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Athena Infonomics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.